Tested and loved by our Grey Coast CrossFit athletes! This recipe is delicious, easy to make, and a great staple to have on hand in the fridge or freezer. For a meal, have two meatloaf muffins. For a snack, have one. Adults and kids will enjoy making and eating these!
Course: Main Dish
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 pound 99% fat free ground turkey
- 1 pound 90% fat free ground turkey or ground sirloin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk or water
- 1 packet low sodium McCormick Meatloaf Mix**
- 1/3 cup chopped veggies (celery, peppers, onions)
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- A pinch fresh or dried basil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Evenly proportion into muffin pan (makes 10-12) and bake for 18-22 minutes.
- Storage tip: After cooking & when storing the muffins, pour the accumulated juices from the bottom of the pan over the muffins in a storage container. This will keep the muffins moist and juicy.
**Here’s a substitute for the McCormick’s Meatloaf Mix if you don’t have it on hand:
- 2 teaspoons dried mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Use a trigger ice cream scoop to quickly portion the muffins.
A silicone muffin tray (example: https://www.amazon.com/keliwas-12-Silicone-Dishwasher-Microwave/dp/B00NP8M67Y?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1) makes for easy cleanup and easy releasing of the muffins.
Recipe adapted from Healthy Steps Nutrition