Meal prep these egg muffins on the weekend for breakfast and snack options throughout the week. These are a great alternative to hard boiled eggs, if you have picky eaters who prefer to have their eggs “scrambled”.
Course: Breakfast or Snack
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
Servings: 10 egg muffins
- 5 eggs
- 5 egg whites
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup bell peppers, diced
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 cup broccoli, diced
- 6 oz. ham, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dice up all vegetables.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs then add in all the diced vegetables.
- Pour mixture in greased muffin pan (should fill about 10 muffins).
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean
- Leaving out the yolks in the above recipe lowers the fat and calories. However, if you don’t want to throw out the yolks, feel free to use the entire egg. If you use the entire egg, budget one egg per muffin well.
- If you want to keep these plain, you can make them with just eggs and salt+pepper to taste.
- Try adding some cheese (cheddar, feta, goat cheese, parmesan, etc.) or dried herbs (oregano, basil, etc.) for an additional flavor boost.
A silicone muffin tray (example: https://www.amazon.com/keliwas-12-Silicone-Dishwasher-Microwave/dp/B00NP8M67Y?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1) makes for easy cleanup and easy releasing of the muffins.
Recipe adapted from Healthy Steps Nutrition