You can make this recipe using either a crock pot (takes either 4 hours at high or 8 hours on low) or an Instant Pot (18 minutes at high pressure).
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: Crockpot takes 4 -8 hours; Instant Pot takes 18 minutes + time to come to pressure and natural release time
- 2 pounds 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 packets chili seasoning (or substitute 2 Tbsp chili powder & 2 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder)
- 1 whole red or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 whole jalapeno, minced (with seeds for heat)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 – 14 oz cans diced tomatoes of your choice (we like fire roasted)
- 1 – 2 cups water
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 – 14 oz. can chili beans or red beans (rinse the beans from can with water)
- Crock Pot Instructions:
- In a large skillet, brown ground turkey until it is cooked. Strain grease. Place back in pan.
- Add red or orange pepper, onion, jalapeno, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Place all ingredients from skillet into crockpot. Add canned tomatoes, 2 cups of water and chili seasoning. Stir well.
- Cook in covered crockpot on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Approx 10 minutes before serving, add beans to mix.
- Instant Pot Instructions:
- Use the “Saute – More” function on the Instant Pot to cook the ground turkey. Keep the juices in the pot.
- Add the red or orange pepper, onion, jalapeno, garlic, salt and pepper. Saute for around 2 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, 1 cup of water, and chili seasoning. Stir well.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot, and turn the vent to “Sealing”. Cook at high pressure for 18 minutes. Natural release after 10 minutes.
- Approx. 10 minutes before serving, add the drained beans.