Each serving is 4 ounces.
Course: Main Dish
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours (crockpot) or approx. 30 minutes (Instant Pot)
Servings: 6 servings
- Crockpot or Instant Pot
- Electric hand mixer or stand mixer (optional)
- 2 pounds organic chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup Stubb’s BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Make rub by combining brown sugar, chili powder, onion powder, salt and pepper
- Rub the seasoning mixture onto the trimmed chicken breasts and place into the crockpot or Instant Pot
- Pour Stubb’s BBQ sauce over the chicken breasts (cover both sides of the breast)
- Add 1⁄2 cup water to the crockpot or Instant Pot
- Cooking times:
- Crockpot: Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Instant Pot: Cook at high pressure for 10 minutes and then 10 minutes natural release.
- After cooking is complete, Shred with a fork. Alternatively, use an electric hand mixer or stand mixer (paddle attachment) to quickly shred the chicken. Serve with the sauce.