Course: Main Dish
Servings: 3 servings
- 1/2 cup brown rice cooked
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 12 ounces grilled chicken chopped
- 2 cups bell peppers chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 2 plum tomato
- 1/2 lime Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Sauté peppers, onion, and garlic in olive oil
- Combine sautéed veggies with rice, black beans and grilled chicken.
- Fresh Pico: Chop tomatoes, add salt, pepper, and chopped cilantro. Squeeze onion Mix well.
- Top with 1/3 avocado per bowl
- Divide mixture into 3 servings
Recipe courtesy of Healthy Steps Nutrition.