Do you want to eat more lean protein like chicken breast, but are you afraid the meat will be dry and tough? Try this recipe for JUICY chicken breasts. This is my go-to baked chicken breast recipe, and it is a meal-prep staple in my house! You can vary the seasoning and spices to your liking.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25- 35 minutes
- 2 lbs boneless & skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- If you have thicker parts of the chicken breast, make a cut half way through the thick part to ensure even cooking.
- In a medium baking dish, place chicken, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with smoked paprika, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Using tongs or hands, move chicken around to coat on all sides evenly (I place bottom of breast on top of seasoned one and then smoosh around).
- Bake for 25 minutes (thinner) to 35 minutes (2″+) or until 150 degrees F internal temperature. Remove from the oven, cover with foil or reusable silicone baking mat, and let rest for 10 minutes for the juices to settle (don’t skip!). The temperature on the chicken will increase during this period of time. After 10 minutes, the temperature should be near 165 degrees F.
- Slice against the grain and serve with veggies and a grain.
- Store in refrigerator for up to one week. Alternatively, place the chicken in plastic wrap, and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Adapted from iFoodReal, https://ifoodreal.com/baked-chicken-breast/#wprm-recipe-container-39282